The local community, supporting their local charities.
For the 3rd year in a row we have decided to walk the Guild Wheel again with family and friends, inviting more walkers this year to a fantastic gruelling day out with a celebratory finish.
- Friday 19th April 2019 – The walk this year will start from the Royal British Legion, Leyland Road, Penwortham. They have be more than kind enough to open for us to use their facilities for registration, bacon or sausage butties provided by Riverside Breakfast Bar to begin with. It will be open from 7.30-9am before we set off and will be back here for the celebration straight after. If you wish to register before hand I will be opening registration the weekend before at the Legion (more info to follow next month).
- There will be support along the route and contact numbers will be given on the day if needed.
- We will be walking clockwise going towards Preston Docs first and end walking through the park continuing to the Royal British Legion on Leyland Road Penwortham for drinks, raffle, food and entertainment.
- This is a 21 mile walk around Preston so please be aware of the route or walk with someone who knows where to go.
- This year I am fundraising for St Catherine’s Hospice, Derian House Children’s Hospice and Rainbow House. All funds raised will be split equally between these local charities.
- It is £21 per person and under 18’s go for free, and any donations welcomed. Links to fundraising page will be posted soon and sponsor forms on request.
- Remember footwear and comfy socks are essential as your feet are very important an will take the most hammering on concrete paths.
- I advise to take food and water with you, more nibbles than anything else as you don’t want to be stopping for long.
More info to follow and regular updates on the charities and why we are doing this challenge again for another year and links to all charities involved and why we are fundraising for these organisations.